Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thinking about diabetes

I've been doing a lot of thinking about diabetes lately. I've been reading some interesting blogs by others living with a child or children with diabetes. It is part of our daily life and I am determined it won't rule our lives and yet it does. It is so frustrating to be told be the pediatrician that her averages are to high. Everytime I make a change to the rates on Kitkat's pump it all goes wrong.

Hit home today at liam's IEP. The intermediate were there as that's where he is off to next year. Being a big pre teen and all. We discussed his behavior a lot. It's not great at the moment. The teachers from the intermediate commented on how great it has been having Kitkat at the school. But then gave be puzzled looks when I commented that Liam was my easy child. He is difficult at the best of times but autism is so straightford compared to diabetes where everything Kitkat does affects everything!

I think I need to take a few deep breaths and get over diabetes and on with life.

No comments: