Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Disaster


We had a storm today - thunder and lightening.
We had a storm yesterday - thunder and lightening and heavy rain and a power cut.
We had a storm on Monday - heavy rain.
We had a storm on Sunday - rain and very, very windy.
It was the storm on Sunday that ripped apart all three of my little plastic houses. It broke my largest in many places and destroyed most of the seedling that were ready to plant out. I cried (being already stressed with sick kids).
Today I picked up the pieces and put them back together. I replanting any seedlings I could find. I planted new seeds. Spring is here a
nd I'll soon grow a new lot but it has put back planting in the garden by a month. Thankfully friends have offered me some of theirs to keep me going.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

your set up is great! That's what I need! Sorry to read of the storm damage. Lovely blog! Thanks.