Saturday, June 7, 2008

The faces of an eleven year old.






Wow my gorgeous girl is eleven and what an action packed eleven years it has been. I have loved you through them all but I know at times I have struggled to understand your point of view.
1997 you were born and spent most of the year crying and refusing to eat or be held and I loved you so much and proudly showed you off.
1998 you started to talk, were running around and then forgot how. We thought we found why and you had your operation. It didn't change a thing.
1999 you hated others being near and would cry if you saw your grandparents outside of their own houses. You had a baby brother who didn't exist to you except in the car when you would scream hysterically until we reached out destination.
2000 you started to babble and we found out that dada was you. At daycare you played alone and had to paint stripes down the paper as you entered the building. You never cried or cared when I left you.
2001 you went to kindy and had a few friends. I figured out that suso meant I love you and cried some more. Your brother was diagnosed with Autism and you became our forgotten child.
2002 you turned five and went to school. Over two months you learnt to talk and never shut up. You read and did maths far in advance of your age. You were strongly independent and hated the fact your brother could read better than you. You finally got your wish and started ballet.
2003 you stared in your first show at Baycourt. You had to change schools so you could attend the same school as your brother. It was hard.
2004 you repeated the year at school because you were immature for your age. You started to retreat again.
2005 you still loved your ballet and brownies.
2006 you got sick and I didn't know what was wrong. I nearly went out of my mind trying to find out why. You got diabetes and had to learn to inject yourself and do finger pricks. I cried at how brave you were. You stayed home with me and started to be happy again.
2007 you homeschooled and grew up so much. I was so proud.
2008 we moved house and you went back to school. You are unhappy again and still I love you my funny child.
I wish you a great future on the brightest sky this winter night.

No comments: